Monday, May 11, 2009


I have been quite a busy bee since the weekend - playing once again with the dye pot and coming up with 4 pieces of nicely dyed mohair so watch this space.....
It has taken awhile but I have eventually finished my first attempt at Lottie my raggy doll (hope you see this Paula!) with a few mistakes so don't look too closely! Looking forward to having another go especially since I have just bought myself a new sewing machine - yep, you heard right ME with a new machine! Well what right minded girl could resist a special offer of 40% off the price! A huge upgrade on my old tank of a machine which is over 30 years old! The old tank was so heavy to lift it made my legs buckle and turned my face a lovely shade of red. So I'm afraid it got relegated to a cupboard after a while but it always came with when we moved from country to country. I'm not a great lover of sewing machines as we never see eye to eye but it is good to have one especially my new super duper one which is all computerized. I am hoping to make a few outfits as I have just bought myself a Bleuette doll and she is going to need clothes. Tongue in cheek as my dress making skills are very limited BUT I have a friend nearby who is very good at all that stuff and I only have to shout HELP!! Think I may be doing that quite a few times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Lottie came out great!! she has souch a sweet face...hugs, Jennifer

All Bear by Paula said...

I love her Lyn! You've created a real character!!!!

Elanor Clare Andrews said...

Hi Lyn, just popped by to pass on a blog award to you, details can be found on my blog. Hugs Elanor xxx